The Center for Public Policy is pleased to invite students to:
Summer School on Crime, Law and Psychology 2010 (CLP2010)
July 3-10, Prague
The organizer of European Summer/Spring Institute, Center for Public Policy, has teamed up with professors from the University of Aberdeen and Warwick University to launch a summer course for international students interested in the application of psychological approaches and research methods to criminal justice. The program aims to invite students of different backgrounds (psychology, legal studies, criminology and sociology), who are interested in the interrelatedness of crime, law and psychology and are willing to combine a challenging academic environment with the holiday excitement.
Students of CLP2010 will not only have an opportunity to listen to professors from the UK’s best Universities, but will also share their ideas and interests with practitioners during guest lectures and site visits. Last, but not least the participants of CLP2010 will have a chance to meet new friends and explore the magnificence of Prague during special events organized by the CLP2010 staff.
- Learn more about the application of psychological knowledge to criminal law
- Get involved into discussions with academics from the UK’s best Universities, practitioners and fellow students
- Gain your own perspective on the role of psychology in criminal justice systems
- Enjoy having fun with new friends from different parts of the world
- Experience Prague – one of the most beautiful cultural and historical capitals in Central Europe
Early Bird Application Deadline: April 30, 2010
Final Application Deadline: May 15, 2010